I am SUPER DUPER excited because I get to run in the Las Vegas Ragnar relay this weekend! I have always wanted to participate in Ragnar so I jumped at the chance when a friend asked if I’d like to take the spot of her injured teammate. I am beyond pumped to do this race and am so happy for the opportunity. For those of you who don’t know what Ragnar is, it is a 200 mile relay race that goes on all day and NIGHT. We have 12 members on our team and we each run 3 legs. While we aren’t running we follow our running teammate in vans and try to sleep when we can! I’ve been told not to expect to get more than a few hours of sleep during the race.
I just found out I would be running the race yesterday and we are leaving to drive to Vegas tomorrow. It has all happened very quickly but I think I’m ready. I went out this morning to pick up some snacks and a few other things I needed for the race. I wasn’t really sure what to bring to an event like this but I did a bit of googling and I think I’ve come up with a good list. I’m told you don’t want to bring too much stuff because it starts to get crowded in the van, but I also didn’t want to leave out something that I would really want during the race.
Here is my packing list for Ragnar:
- 3 complete running outfits packed in gallon size Ziploc bags. (I hear the best way to keep the stinky BO smell out of the van is to put sweat clothes in sealed bags!)
- Reflective Vest
- Running Jacket
- Fuel Belt with water bottles
- Running Shoes (some people suggested bringing 2 pairs in case 1 gets wet from rain but the forecast is clear this weekend so I’m only bringing 1)
- IPod, Garmin, ear buds
- Sweats to wear between runs
- Face/body wipes since there won’t be anywhere to shower between runs
- Flip flops
- Sleeping bag
- Blanket (this is in case I want to try to sleep in the van)
- FOOD/sports drink
- Check book or cash (to pay friends for gas, van rental, etc.)
I’m all packed and ready to leave tomorrow and kick some butt in Vegas!
I have some other BIG NEWS. Everett can now throw away his own diapers! Halleluiah.
Do you have any big plans this weekend?