The boys and I had a fun afternoon full of cupcake making! They LOVED the homemade chocolate frosting. The Big One is so excited to take the cupcakes to preschool tomorrow to celebrate his birthday.
During our baking extravaganza today The Big One finally discovered the joy that is cake batter. He licked those beaters till there wasn’t a single stitch of batter left and he kept saying, “mmm…yum….mmm…yum!”
We had to test out the cupcakes to make sure they weren’t poisonous.
I love reading surveys on other peoples blogs so I’m going to do one tonight. Janae from Hungry Runner Girl posted this running pop quiz yesterday.
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Thus far I have only tried Gatorade Energy Chews and they worked fine. I think I’m going to give sour patch kids a try one of these days!
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
1/2 Marathon. I like this distance because it’s far enough that I actually have to train and work hard to achieve it but it’s not as daunting as a full marathon.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
I love my Old Navy running shorts. I also have some capris from Target that are awesome.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
Just plain old h20 for me!
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I would rather run in the cold any day. The heat just wipes me out.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Suacony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
I’m really liking my Brooks but I want to try some others when my current pair wears out.
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
1/2 Coconut Lara bar and a banana.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
I rest every Sunday and every once in a blue moon I’ll take a rest day mid-week.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
A few days ago I would have said have to have it but after running unplugged the other night I will say a good mix of both.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
I love the feeling of accomplishment I get after a good run!