For my workout today I went to a Power Body Sculpting class at my gym. It was a great workout that fatigued practically every muscle in my body and had my heart rate up the whole time. I know I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again: group classes are perfect on Monday mornings.
I have an awesome recipe for you today! We had some very brown bananas on the counter yesterday so I decided to try my hand at some Whole Grain Banana Muffins. The Little One will only eat muffins for breakfast so I make a batch or two of muffins every week. These were an awesome breakfast. I had two topped with some peanut butter and a side of raspberries. These would also be a great pre run/ workout snack.
Whole Grain Banana Muffins
Yields: 12-18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 whole rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup agave (or honey)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
*Place about 2 cups oats in a food processor and grind until the oats turn to a flour like consistency. This should make about 1 1/2 cups oat flour.
- Preheat Oven to 350 F.
- Grease muffin tin or fill with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In another bowl beat two eggs. Add mashed bananas, agave, oil, and yogurt. Beat well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fill each muffin whole 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
They are moist and light but very hearty and chock full of fiber! These little babies are sure to keep me full for hours.
I still have tons of cleaning to do in my house after the big Birthday Party. Better get to it!
Do your kids (or you) have a favorite won’t-eat-anything-else breakfast?
What is your ideal Monday morning workout?